Looking for the Allston Farmers' Market? Click here.
Farmers' Market Season 2013
June 11- Oct 29
The Plaza at the Science Center, Harvard University
Thanksgiving Market 2013!
This year, the Farmers' Market at Harvard holds a special Thanksgiving market on Tuesday, November 26th, from 12-5:30 on the Science Center Plaza.
Thankgiving Market participating vendors:
- Lanni Orchards
- E.L. Silvia
- Plato's Organic Farm
- John Crow Farm
- Cape Ann Fresh Catch
- Danish Pastry House
- When Pigs Fly
- 7ate9 Cheesecake
- Taza Chocolate
- Q's Nuts
- The Warren Farm and Sugarhouse
- Samira's Homemade
- C&C Lobster
- Culinary Cruisers
- Valicenti Organico
- Soluna Garden Farm
- Stow Greenhouses
- ... plus Patti from On The Edge Knife Sharpening to sharpen your knives for turkey carving and gourd hacking!
In a collaboration with the Cambridge Public Library, the children's librarians at the CPL visit the farmers' market weekly from 2:30-3PM for a kids read-aloud, beginning the week of July 9 and ending Aug 27. Read-alouds often accompanied by simple kids cooking activities with ChopChop Magazine. All ages welcome!
→All skill share tables happen next to the market manager table unless otherwise noted.
- Jun 18 - FAS Green Program, FreeCycle
- Jun 25- BU Advocates for Literacy in Environmental Sciences, Till or No-Till? (12-1PM)
- Jul 2 - Tea, Worms, and Bins - Three Ways to Compost with Helen Snively and the Harvard Community Gardeners (12:30-1:30)
- Jul 9 - Cape Ann Fresh Catch, How to Fillet a Fish (4PM)
- Jul 16 - Steph Zabel and Dr. Jennifer Zartarian, Common Herbs and their Medicinal Uses (4:30PM)
- Jul 23 - Florrie Wescoat and Aline Newton, Tree Tour of Harvard Yard (4PM)
- Jul 30 - David Craft, Edible Wild Plants (12-1PM)
- Aug 6 - Anne Zielinski of the League of Urban Planners, Fundamentals of Canning (4PM)
- Aug 13 - Kelly Allin of Best Bees, Beekeeping Basics (1-2PM)
- Sept 3 - Bee Day at Harvard! Honey tasting, Follow the Honey (1-2PM)
- Oct 15 - Florrie Wescoat and Aline Newton, Tree Tour of Harvard Yard (fall edition) (4PM)
- C&C Lobster • Hull, MA – live lobster, fresh fish *
- Copicut Farms • Dartmouth, MA – chicken, eggs*
- Culinary Cruisers • Somerville, MA – fresh kombucha, fruit popsicles*
- The Danish Pastry House • Watertown, MA – pastries, breads, cookies, brownies*
- E.L. Silvia Farm • Dighton, MA – produce
- Fastachi, Ltd • Watertown, MA – nut butters, roasted nuts, nut mixtures*
- Flats Mentor Farm • Lancaster, MA – Asian produce, herbs
- John Crow Farms • Groton, MA – pasture raised meat & poultry, eggs, mushrooms*
- Lanni Orchards • Lunenburg, MA – produce, herbs, flowers, jams*
- Mariposa Bakery • Cambridge, MA – breads, scones, brownies, pretzels*
- Plato’s Harvest Organic Farm • Middleboro, MA – organic produce, flowers, organic meats
- Q’s Nuts • Georgetown, MA – fresh roasted, spiced nuts;Christina’s ice cream & sorbet*
- Ruggles Hill Creamery • Hardwick, MA – farmstead goat cheese
- Samira's Homemade • Belmont, MA – authentic Egyptian & Lebanese dips & spreads*
- 7ate9 Bakery • Winchester, MA – cheesecakes*
- Taza Chocolate • Somerville, MA – organic stone ground chocolate bars, nibs, hot chocolate*
- Ward’s Berry Farm • Sharon, MA – produce, potted herbs, berries, baked goods*
- The Warren Farm & Sugarhouse • Brookfield, MA – honey, maple syrup, maple products, jams*
- When Pigs Fly• Somerville, MA – sourdough loaves, artisan loaves, jams, jellies
- Nella Pasta • Jamaica Plain, MA – fresh ravioli made with local ingredients, olive oil*
- Valicenti Organico • Hollis, NH – fresh pastas & sauces*
- Soluna Garden Farm • Winchester, MA – fresh herbs & flowers (begins Jun 11)*
- Stow Greenhouses • Stow, MA – cut flowers (begins Jun 18)*
*accepts credit/debit cards
EBT, SFMNP, & WIC accepted at both market.
Email farmersmarket [at] harvard.edu with questions or to sign up for our weekly newsletter for what's ripe, who's at the market, & up to date news about chef demos and activities. Updated news on events at our facebook page.
Photos from Summer 2012
Photos from Summer 2013